Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sony KDL-46V5100 Good device for good price

I just received this television. My first impression is great. I've been investigating diffrent brands and different models of LCD TV's for a while. Here is the conclusion I reached and the reasons for purchasing this TV:

* Sony has great models for over $2500. They have great picture but not great enough to compensate for the couple of thousand extra dollars paid. I saw 46XBR6 and 46V5100 next to each other in BB and did not see a significant difference except the price.
* Samsungs have great LCD TVs. But glossy screen would not work for me at all. I have a bright living room where my TV is located. So, if you will have your TV in a bright room, you probably would like to avoid glossy screens like Samsung has. It really reflects a lot almost like a mirror. This was a big deal for me.

Now, my experice with KDL46V5100 is as follows:
It has great picture quality. I did not expect it to be so good at even SD. It is very easy to use. We plugged the TV and started to use it right away. Even user's manual is just a few pages. Before buying the TV I paid extra attention to the wide angle performance. This TV has about the same view from front and from sides: no changes in color or image quality with angle that I recognized.

I am extremely satisfied with the Amazon delivery. They brought the TV, unpacked it and installed the TV on the stand.

Good TV for good price and good service from Amazon...

No comments:

Post a Comment