Monday, October 5, 2009

Sony KDL-46V5100 GREAT TV

I recently purchased the Sony Bravia 46V5100, and wow is all i can say. This is my first HD anything purchase, although i did a ton of research for over a year, im glad i chose this Sony. I also promptly purchased the playstation 3 for the games and blu-ray, along with the HD package from the cable company, and it blows me away. The picture never blurs or anything like that, im a huge NASCAR fan and there is no blurring, no skipping and you never miss a bit of the action, and of course its the fastest sport on TV. With all the HDMI inputs, i dont know what else i can put in there to make it better, theres more than enough room for all the accessories. The screen is what made the difference for me between this Sony and the Samsung of the equivilant. The screen is not as glossy as the samsung, although the bezel is as shiny as the rest, you hardly notice it. The white glove delivery was great, i was notified of every step of the journey for my TV, the delivery guys unloaded it, ops checked it and explained some of the features. The only problem was a "feature" that came with the TV that darkens the screen during dark scenes on a movie or TV show, this problem has been fixed by a software update, found on the Sony support web site. its a very easy fix, just requiring an USB memory stick, or if you dont have one the Sony people will send you one. The update just takes minutes and makes a world of difference. I was a bit nervous about buying a TV online, but i went and checked it out at best buy, and it was about $400 less at amazon than at best buy, so my decision was made for me. Over all its a great tv, and a great price for the size of the TV. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment