Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sony KDL-46V5100 Setup temperature is important

While it was available for a short time I bought this Sony from Amazon. Apparently Amazon uses a special kind of delivery service for tv's and such. He brought it into the living room and offered to check it by unpacking it, setting it up, and turning it on. Yup. But, and I've read this nowhere, he said that Sony says not to power it on if it's less than 50 degrees. Yeah it's June, but this is the mountains. The overnight and then three hour delivery drive had the truck at about 40 degrees. He unpacked it and set it up, I looked it over and called it good. I wasn't about to risk power on at its temperature. Nor should you about any LCD, or likely plasma, tv. I let it sit overnight to warm up first. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment